Trying New Things

Yesterday was quite the day! We tried lots of new things, all in one day. I think Mommy and Daddy were a little excited about my being 4 weeks old, so they packed a lot into my day. The first new thing was that I got to try drinking Mommy's milk from a bottle. At first I wasn't really sure what was going on. Everything about the situation was just weird. First of all, Mommy wasn't even there. I thought Mommy had to be there for me to get food? Yeah, well, she doesn't. Second of all, Daddy was the one feeding me. It just kept getting weirder! Then he stuck this thing inside my mouth that didn't feel quite normal. I let him know that this all felt a little weird. I fussed and acted like I didn't want it. But then, something happened. Some milk got on my lips, and I tasted it and realized what was going on...I could still get my food from this new weird place. So I decided I'd give it a try. I went ahead and ate some food from that bottle. I'm not sure I loved it or anything, but I gave it a try.

The next new exciting thing I got to do was go to Mommy and Daddy's work to see some more friends! Everyone thought I was so cute, and the people who had seen me before thought I had grown so much. I didn't get to see everyone, though, so I have a feeling we'll be going back there again soon.

Then Mommy took me to her bible study last night to meet the ladies, and boy did we have a great time. I was the star of the show, and they were all amazed by me. They've been praying for me for a long, long time, and it was so special for us all to finally meet. And I was such a good boy! I was awake for awhile for the ladies, then I started getting fussy cause it was time to eat. So Mommy fed me and then I fell asleep on her shoulder and stayed that way the rest of the night. Mommy loved being back in a few of her "normal" situations, and she's learning how to make me part of it all!

These pictures are from this morning when they tried the new feeing method again. I wasn't fussy this time, although it took awhile before I decided to eat from there. Maybe one of these days I'll get used to it...I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of scrunched down in the second picture, but you can tell that my tummy is satisfied :)
1 Response
  1. Karyn Says:

    Oliver,

    You are so brave to drink from that bottle. I'm glad you didn't follow my example. My Mommy is kind of jealous of your Mommy now. :-)

    Love, Jamey