5 Weeks Old

Today I am 5 weeks old! While I'm taking my sweet time in the smiling arena, I am much more alert and focusing on things more. I am also SO strong! Of course my parents think I'm advanced; I like to use my legs a lot to jump around, and I can hold my head up very well. I am a pretty active baby, moving my arms and legs a lot. Mommy says she could've told you that by the way I acted in her tummy.

Here's the thing: I am only 5 weeks old, but all the clothes I have on in these pictures are 3-6 month clothes! Mommy thought she'd try them on me, "just to see." And, well, they mostly fit. Granted, these footed jammies are Gerber, and that brand tends to run small. Let me also say that my feet really do stretch to the feet of the jammies...I am a long boy! Mommy is dying to know how much I weigh and how long I am, and we're not scheduled to go to the Dr. for 3 more weeks...how will we stand the wait???

Today was a very exciting day, because Mommy and Dad and I went to the mall. Dad is officiating his first wedding in a few weeks, so he had to get a suit. This was my first big outing where we got the stroller out and everything. It went great! I pretty much slept the whole time, and the store workers thought I was very cute. When feeding time rolled around, I got fussy...but Mommy took me out to the car and fed me just in the knick of time. Then all in the world was right and good. :) Then Mommy went to get a massage (anniversary present from Dad) while Dad and I hung out at the house together. I sure like hanging out with my Dad...he's a fun guy! He keeps trying so hard to get me to smile, but I just say "no thanks, not yet." I wonder when I should show them that I know how to smile...??? I'm sure they'll let you know when I do!

0 Responses