Ouch!

On Tuesday I went to the Dr. for my 8 week checkup. Everything was going great; they weighed me, checked my height and my head size, the Dr. checked me all out and said I'm doing great....then things went downhill from there. I had to get shots. 3 of them. I didn't really like them so much. Actually, I cried really hard. Mommy said that I cried harder than I ever have in my whole life. The instant the needle went into my leg, Mommy said that it was the kind of cry where I stopped breathing I was crying so hard. Mommy and Daddy were very sad for me. They stood by my head and kissed me and told me everything was going to be okay, but it still hurt really bad. The nice nurse did my 3 shots really quick and then Mommy scooped me up and held me to calm me down. I was very pitiful. I guess the only good thing about it all was that I got these cool bandaids to wear on my legs!

Well, I guess you're wondering how much I weigh and how tall I am. I am now 13 lbs. 10 oz. and 24 inches long! Those are both in the 90th percentile. Everyone says I'm a pretty big boy. Mommy wonders how I'm growing so good because I spit up all the time. The Dr. says not to worry about it because I'm obviously getting enough nutrition!

A few hours later, Daddy took Mommy and me to the airport for my very first flight! Mommy and I flew to Colorado to visit Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere, and we're having a great time. I was a very good boy on the airplane. We were so lucky because we had the only empty seat in the whole plane next to us. So Mommy and I got our own row. We spread out a little bit and had a little more privacy, which Mommy appreciated. I didn't cry at all on the plane, which Mommy was also very thankful for. So, all in all, we had a good trip. Mommy says she is looking forward to having Dad travel with us next time. Thank you to everyone who prayed for our safe and smooth travels! Mommy says to please keep praying for our trip back home.
0 Responses