Pool and Play

Sullivan had some fun playing with the music table in his crib yesterday while I put away his clean laundry. Still working on sitting by himself, but he's getting there, bit by bit. He can catch himself going forward, it's just that rough going backwards stuff - just not there yet! So sitting in a corner like this is perfect. And he liked the music table a lot!Workin' it :)Daddy and Oliver put the fridge magnets all over the trash can, and here Oliver is saying "ta-da!"
Well, today we finally made it to the pool! We are members at World Gym (we get a hefty discount through Seth's work)...Seth goes often, but I haven't made it over there yet. This particular location does not have childcare available in the gym, so I'm always left with "what to do with the boys?" And I definitely haven't gotten enough motivation to wake up early enough to go before Seth goes into work...maybe someday :) Anyways, Seth tells me all about it and has mentioned that we should go check out the indoor pool, and today was the day. It was great too, cause it was overcast and cold outside and so fun to still be able to swim! Now that I have actually stepped foot inside the gym and have seen the amenities, I'm fairly sure we'll be hitting that joint again. The pool area was awesome! There was a large pool, a hot tub, and a kiddie pool. The kiddie pool went from 1 ft. to 1 1/2 ft., so it was perfect for Oliver to swim and play around in by himself without help from us. He absolutely loved being in that water and doing his own thing. Oliver loves watching older kids, so he had fun mimicking some of the things the other kiddos were doing. And I only had to tell him once not to swallow the water! It sorta grosses me out to think about that whole issue, but I guess I'll have to get over it. Seth and I both survived our childhoods of drinking nasty pool water as children, so I suppose Oliver will too.

The kiddie pool has a gate around it, and it is open anytime the gym is open - no restrictions. There are a few chairs in there and around the other pools, so it'll be perfect for me to bring Oliver without having to get in with him - not that I don't love to swim - I do - but I've got the whole Sullivan issue. So I can stay out with Sullivan and watch Oliver swim. And yes, I'm really looking forward to getting Sullivan in the water as well, but for now I'd rather not completely infest the pool water with his frequent spit-ups. Hopefully in a few months that'll be done with and he can get in and enjoy as well!

I also found out there is a stroller class - where moms come with their strollers and they walk/jog around the track and do lunges as they go, and stop every now and then to do wall jumps, etc. and it's on Fridays when Seth is home so I could go do that while he and Oliver do something else! I seriously haven't worked out in 4 years, so I'm pretty sure it's time to get back on the bandwagon :) Overall health is a good thing...

We'll see how long the excitement lasts, but at least for today it was a fun adventure to the gym!
5 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    O.M.G. Sullivan is so cute.

    The pool looks like fun! How cool for O to get to play there. I am totally jealous. And your stroller class sounds like fun. You so need to do that!


  2. We have those stroller classes here too and I have heard nothing but GREAT reviews! I can't go with the times they have them :( otherwise I would look forward to it. I hear it's an awesome way to get in shape. You do look great already though! If you do it, you will have to tell me how you like it.


  3. Karen Olsen Says:

    I love how you write like you talk... I can just HEAR you saying all this! Love that you had such a great family outing. AND you are so good at bringing the camera for photo opps...!


  4. Meggan Says:

    This past week I shut a door on my head so hard I cried. I was wearing my glasses too, and was angry about something, and just totally slammed a door, and my head was in the way. I feel your pain!!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Hey you guys are World Gym people too! I'm completely nutso but I do the spin classes on Tues/Thurs at...ready for this...5:15 a.m It's cool though because Naomi Bunch leads the class and she plays a lot of Christian music...what's up with no child care there, it makes me so mad!

    Kelly