Ouch

So, this morning we had a little mishap. Unusually, Oliver was having a little trouble with his "aim" while going to the bathroom. I was holding Sullivan with one arm while watching Oliver, and when I saw that he was having trouble, I quickly went over to help. After he was finished, I reached down to help pull up his pants (still holding Sullivan). I guess I pulled too hard, because before I knew it, his legs were swept out from underneath him, and his head went crashing towards his wooden step stool. Since I was holding Sullivan, I couldn't grab him with my other arm to prevent the fall. And boy, he hit pretty hard. So I quickly move into action and think "I need to get Sullivan out of my arms"... so I attempt to get out into the hallway to lay Sullivan down on the carpet... I guess the mixture of adrenaline along with the fact that I was wearing my glasses and can't see in my peripheral caused me to misjudge the doorway, and I bashed half of my forehead into the door frame on my way out. Yeah, it hurt. I was just glad Sullivan didn't get hit! I was still filled with adrenaline and laid Sullivan down, scooped Oliver up and went to snuggle him on his bed and make sure he was okay. And yes, he was just fine. Cried for a few minutes, was sad for a few more minutes, and then was back to playing and being happy. He got a big ol' goose egg behind his ear (sorry, the pictures are not that great), but that seems to be the only spot that hit.

As I was comforting him on his bed, I reached my hand up to feel my forehead cause I realized it was pounding pretty badly, and when I brought my hand down, there was a fair amount of blood on my fingers. So I went to check my wound out and found I had gashed myself pretty good. What a dork - who runs into doorways?? Anyways, I cleaned my gash up and I've also got a nice big bump to go with it. Hopefully it won't turn into a black eye. It still hurts like the dickens 6 hours later. And yes, I realize I should pluck my eyebrows sometime soon... Thankfully, Sully Cole got through the whole ordeal unscathed and happy as ever.

While today is 55 degrees, cold, rainy and windy, yesterday was a gorgeous 78. We took advantage of the sun and strolled to the park. Oliver's at a great age where I don't feel like I have to worry about him on the playground. I can just sit with Sullivan on the bench and watch Oliver have his fun. It was great!

3 Responses
  1. Bec Says:

    Oh yikes!! I'm so sorry. I'm glad that my incident of falling down the stairs with Claudia didn't involve blood. Not fun!!! And don't worry, I am chief of the Eyebrow Police and I didn't notice them growing wildly or anything. :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Ouch for both of you!!! Aren't you glad that moments like that are few and far between!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    You poor thing. Did you wake up with a black eye? I bet you both hurt. Love, Mom