Peanut Butter

Well, I guess this is what happens to me when I eat peanut butter... (click on the picture to enlarge) I didn't really even swallow much, if any. You see, these days I dislike the texture of bread, so I refuse to eat it. Mommy thinks that I would really like what's on the bread if I would just give it a try, but I don't want to give it a try. Today, Mommy put a little bite of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my mouth, despite my protesting, and I ended up spitting it out. A few minutes later, I began rubbing my eyes. Mommy knew I was tired, as I was at church all morning and decided not to take my nap there, so she thought I was rubbing them out of tiredness. But she very soon realized that my eyes were puffy, and then realized there were bumps all around them, as well as above my lip, and more were appearing. Then she looked at my arms and saw little red bumps appearing on them as well - she checked the rest of my body out, and everything else was fine - just my face and my arms.
My Doctor goes to our church, so Dad called his cell phone to see what we should do. He said it was most likely the peanut butter, and that it was a common reaction for those with a sensitivity. He told Dad what to do and said I should be fine. So, after a teaspoon of Benadryl, I was feeling much better and not as itchy. I took my nap, and now I look much better.
"Whew," Mommy and Dad said. "That wasn't very much fun." I guess it's stressful for parents when out-of-the-norm things happen to their kids. All I know is I'm glad my eyes don't itch anymore.
1 Response
  1. You are the only person who comments on my blog. Thanks!! We need to get together again before I go back to work. Hope to see you soon.