4th of July

4th of July was such a fun holiday! We went over to my Uncle Scott and Aunt Sherri's pool and played in there for a long time. I loved the pool even more this time. I quickly found a stick pool toy to play with and wouldn't let it go for the rest of the time there. I swam in my raft, and then swam with Mommy for awhile. She layed me on my back, and I enjoyed the relaxation of floating in the pool in the sunshine....ahh, what a life.

Then I played for awhile with my cousin Lauren....still holding onto my stick...
Here's the group of girls and me (yep, stick in hand).
Here I am looking at their new kitty, Libby, through the window. I sure like kitties! Mommy says we're more "dog people", so I'll just have to get my kitty-fix when I go to Holland and Payton's house.
And here I am sacked out after pool time. Mommy couldn't resist the picture, as I am still clutching the stick even in my sleep.
After a premature and rude awakening from Bella barking at one of the kitties, I wasn't quite "with it" yet. I decided to just chill with Papa for a bit on the lawn chair.
Later we went to Uncle Dave and Aunt Stacey's house to grill steaks and watch fireworks. Here I am with my cousin Payton - she likes to make funny faces at me that make me smile so big! I really like Payton.
Smilin' big with Papa and M'laine.
Here's the clan waiting for it to get dark so the fireworks could start! So, when the fireworks first started, I wasn't so sure about them. I held on tight to Mommy and whined a little bit. But she held me close and talked sweet in my ear, and I did great all the rest of the way through them. I was very tired, cause it was way past my bedtime, but it was worth it to see those neat fireworks. Hey, fireworks only happen once a year, right?
We sure missed Daddy this week, but he is back today! I was so happy to see him - I gave him a huge smile and wanted him to hold me. Life is the best when Mommy, Daddy, and I are all together. We're really glad that Papa and M'laine came to keep us company while Dad was gone this week - we have had so much fun playing and eating and swimming...it's a good thing we get to see them in just 1 week for our beach trip!!

0 Responses