Christmas Trees and Squirrels

Last weekend after we got home from Colorado, Mom, Dad, and I put up some Christmas decorations. Well, okay, Mom put them up while Dad and I "supervised." Mommy did a great job, and our house is ready for the Christmas season! This year is a little bit different for Mommy. You see, Mommy is used to decorating her tree very pretty and not worrying about little hands touching (in a not-so-gentle fashion) the ornaments. Well, not this year. Mommy is trying her hardest to teach me "one finger," but that phrase can be interpreted in many ways. The following is my interpretation of "one finger." What you don't see in these pictures is me grabbing the ornament off the tree after I've touched it with "one finger." :) Mommy compromised by putting all her nice ornaments on the top half of the tree, and putting "Oliver-friendly" ornaments on the bottom half. I'm just taller than Mommy wishes.

The fun part of it all is I have my very own Christmas tree on the table in my playroom! A few years back when Daddy was selling his Christmas CD at church, "we" (I was in Mommy's tummy then) bought this little tree to put on the booth to make it festive. The edges of the pine needles light up in all different colors, and it's so pretty! I love watching it, and I'm actually very good with touching this tree gently. This is my Christmas squirrel that my great, great uncle Alex gave me, and I LOVE it! He dances around and sings a song very loudly, and at first, I was very unsure (Mommy says it would be appropriate to use the word "afraid") of this squirrel. But Mommy and Daddy smiled and sang and danced along with the squirrel enough that I finally warmed up to him. And now he's my favorite. (I have a few favorites, but he's one of them.) Every time Mom or Dad turns him on, I get my big cheesy smile and giggle going! And sometimes I even dance right along. Thank you Uncle Alex and M'laine for my fun squirrel!
1 Response
  1. Emily Says:

    I'm still laughing over those last 2 pictures. He is too funny!