Silver Dollar City

This post is long overdue, and for that, we apologize.

2 weekends ago, we went with our friends, Jeff, Kara, and Hudson, to a special cabin in the Ozarks. What a fun time we had! Hudson and I brought lots of toys to play with, so we didn't get bored. Our cabin was super nice; it was the perfect place to stay for a few days. Our parents had a fun time playing cards, and Hudson and I pretty much did our usual - play, eat, sleep.

Here we are playing after breakfast one morning.And here's Mom and Dad in their comfy clothes one of the evenings. One of the days while we were there, we got to go to a special place called Silver Dollar City. I asked Mommy, and she's really not quite sure how to describe it. There are some fun rides to go on when the weather is nice; there are lots and lots of fun specialty stores (like a glass-blowing store, etc.), and there are some fun shows that go on as well. It's like its own little "city" in there (hence the name), with neat little roads you walk up and down, and yummy goodies like kettle corn, hot chocolate, fried Oreos, funnel cakes, etc. If you go at Christmas time, like we usually do, there are thousands and thousands of Christmas lights everywhere. It's really pretty! There's a fun train ride that you can go on, and at Christmas it stops in the middle of its course and someone tells the Christmas story next to you on a little hillside. Anyways, it's a really fun place! Here's the thing, though....when you go at Christmas time, it's really, really COLD. So, I got all bundled up before we went.

Here I am right after we got out of the car and got situated to head on in. Just inside the gates, the mommies and daddies had to make a potty-stop while Hudson and I waited.Mommy and me, posing for a picture in the cold.This was a fun little show that I got to watch for a little bit. It was Tinker the Talking Christmas Tree! He was very funny, and I really loved watching him.While we were in one of the stores looking for some Christmas presents, I started barking. Dad was pushing me around in my stroller, and Mommy could hear me barking all the way on the other side of the store. She wondered what that was all about. Anyways, the barking was because I saw this dog up ahead and really really wanted to hold him! Dad, of course, let me, and that was the end of it. I also wanted to hold a kitty (which Dad gave me, too), and I was a happy camper the rest of the time in that store, just holding onto my puppy and kitty. When it came time to check out, Mom and Dad said I had to choose one. I don't know why they wouldn't let me have both of them, but whatever. I chose the puppy dog, so I cuddled with him for the rest of the night. He helped keep me warm!Starting at 5:30pm, they have a special "lighting of the tree" event that goes on every 15 minutes for the rest of the night. It plays a really, really loud, exciting song while flashing all sorts of lights, and boy was I enamored with that. Here Dad and I (and my puppy dog) are checking it out...Our sweet family right before we left. What a fun time we had!

0 Responses