18 months!

Last week I was officially 18-months-old, and today I got to go (had to go was more like it) to the Dr. for my check-up. Mommy was looking forward to finding out all my stats. Me? Well, all I did was get stuck with needles, so I wasn't looking forward to much. But I did get some cool band-aids out of the deal! I only had to get 2 shots this time, and I only cried for a minute. It was quick and then over. I like my band-aids :)Since we think I have a peanut allergy, my Dr. decided to do a blood test to find out what allergies I might have. So, after I got stuck with needles for my shots, I got to go to the lab to get stuck with one more needle to draw my blood. Mommy was so thankful, because after the nurse looked at and felt both my arms for a long time (to make certain she could get a vein), she did indeed hit the vein and drew my blood with no problem. Here you can sorta see the red spot where I got my blood drawn. It wasn't the most fun Dr. appointment of my life, but I survived. Okay, so you want to know my stats? Here they are. I am about 26 1/2 lbs. and a little over 35 inches long. My weight is a little over the 50th percentile, and my height? Well, Mommy knew I was tall, but she didn't know I was off-the-charts tall. My height was like the 107th percentile or something like that. Whatever it was, it was way off the chart. And my head is perfectly normal - I think about in the 75th percentile. Basically, I'm a healthy, growing boy! Even thought I have a bit of a cold from Colorado (my ears and chest are clear), the Dr. gave me a clean bill of health and said I'm doing great! He gave Mommy some pointers on how to discipline me, and encouraged her that my "strong will", while seemingly hard for parents at times, is actually a good thing when steered in the right direction. All in all, Mommy came away from the appointment feeling good about how I'm doing in life. I'm glad she did, cause I came away with band-aids and needle stings :)
5 Responses
  1. Papa Says:

    Healthy, happy children and grandchildren -- one of life's greatest blessings!

    Did the doctor mention how far off the chart he is on good looks????


  2. Sarah. Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. Sarah. Says:

    Wowza, 107th percentile in height?? He must take after his Uncle Tim!


  4. Sarah. Says:

    Yay Joy, it worked, it worked!


  5. Sarah. Says:

    Okay, now I feel bad because it shows that you have four comments, but three of them are from me...Oh wait, after this you'll have five comments but four will be from me. I should've stopped while I was ahead...