Allergy Update

Well, we got my allergy tests back last week, so here's the latest on my food allergies. I have officially outgrown my milk allergy, cause milk came back completely undetectable. So, we are very excited about that. On the allergy scale, anything 3 and above is significant. Peanuts were a 2 for me. So, my Dr. suggested that we still stay away from peanuts at this point, and that Mom and Dad carefully introduce me to small amounts of walnuts and pecans to see how I do with other nuts. The kind of bad part is that egg whites were a 4 for me. So, no eggs at all. I'm supposed to stay away from anything with eggs in it, but Mommy's not completely convinced how necessary that is. My teacher at school told Mommy on Monday that I had a sugar cookie at snack-time, and Mommy's first thought was "those have eggs in them." But I didn't have any reaction. So we will see. We know I react to eggs themselves (I've had scrambled and hard-boiled, and both times my mouth got splotchy.)

So anyways, there you have it. I've been loving yogurt since we found out I'm not allergic to milk and am drinking whole milk like a champ.
3 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    Hey O, at least you're not allergic to good stuff, like chocolate. Who needs egg whites anyways? Everyone knows the yolks are the best part...


  2. Emily Says:

    I concur with Sarah's comment.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Just watch out for icing! My son has the same thing...it's usually made with raw eggs.