The Bottle

Mommy is going back to work for 2 days a week starting Monday. I can't go to the childcare at Mommy and Daddy's work (our church) until I am 12 weeks old, so for the first 3 times Mommy goes to work, I get to go play with my Aunt Sherri and my cousins Holland and Payton! While I am away from Mommy, I get to drink her milk out of a bottle, and I've been practicing over the last few months. Since we went to Colorado for a few weeks, it's been awhile since I've used a bottle. Mommy and Dad thought we should try it again just to make sure I remember how to do it.

This is how we started out this morning...Daddy is smiling so big because I kept smiling at him with that bottle in my mouth!
I wasn't so interested in the milk at first...just smiling at Dad.
Then Dad picked me up and we got serious. I remembered how to latch onto the bottle and I got to suckin'. I ate a whole bunch! Update on Sleeping: I have not decided if I'd like to sleep through the night every night. I like to go back and forth. I sleep all the way through for a few nights, and then I have a few nights of waking up at 2:30 and again at 5:30. Those aren't Mommy's favorite nights. Last night was great - I slept from 9:15 until 8:00 this morning! Mommy said my tummy was growling for food when she got me out of my crib. I wasn't even crying or anything though...I'm such a happy baby when I get up in the mornings. Mommy hopes that I'll decide to start sleeping through the night for every night...or at least most nights.
2 Responses
  1. oliver is ridiculously cute. that smile. amazing. who could not smile back at that?? i can't wait to meet him:)


  2. oliver is ridiculously cute. that smile. amazing. who could not smile back at that?? i can't wait to meet him:)