My Trip to Colorado

Last week, Mom, Dad, Bella and I hopped in the car for the long trek to Colorado to see Grandma and Grandpa for Thanksgiving! And oh, what a wonderful time we had. I put my order in for some snow, and guess what was waiting for me when I woke up on Wednesday morning?? Yep, that's right....SNOW!!! This was my first real time noticing snow. Sure it snowed last year, but I was just a baby then. I'm a big boy now, and I like the snow!

Since it was super cold, Grandpa built a fire that night. I gotta tell ya, that fire sure was interesting! I was very intent watching Grandpa and even had a few questions for him. Then we had some fun tickle time :)

One of my favorite things to do at Grandma and Grandpa's house is to climb up on this bench (all by myself), stand up and look out the window. It was especially fun when Grandpa started shoveling the snow out on the deck!I had to get down and go to the other window so I could watch better.
Grandma brought a laundry basket out so we could fill it up with the toys I was playing with for the week. I like laundry baskets - they are perfect for climbing in and out of!
Grandma and I had fun stacking the blocks I got for Christmas (more on that later). We'd build big towers.......

...........and then I would knock them over! It was so fun. I LOVE knocking towers down these days. Mommy says I must've learned that from the other kids in my "school" class.
Here I am snuggling with Grandma during Thanksgiving dinner. You see, everytime I go to Colorado, I get sick. It's just how me and Colorado roll. It wasn't too bad this time; it didn't interfere with our fun. But it still was cause for Benadryl, hence the sleepyness. I had just woken up from my nap before dinner (early dinner), but I wasn't quite "with it" yet. So Grandma was happy to snuggle me while everyone ate. After dinner I was ready to play!
There was a beach ball at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I sure liked that. Really, I love any balls that I can throw :)

We decided to try a few family photos to see if we could get a good one to make a Christmas card out of. This might be the one...
Friday when we were eating our breakfast, Mommy looked out of the kitchen window and saw these deer! Grandma and Grandpa live out in the trees a little bit, so they get some "wildlife." It's a little hard to see them, but one is in the upper-left-hand corner and the other is in the upper-right-hand corner.
One of the fun toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house was this little zebra. His legs move and click, but what I really wanted to do was ride him. I set him down on the floor and tried to sit on him....everyone thought this was hilarious! Every year, Grandma has a special nativity set that she puts up. These particular dolls are from a very special store in Old Colorado City. They are all hand-made, hand-painted, and their clothes are hand-sewn. This store closed a few years back, but Mommy remembers when she was a little girl, she got to walk through the workshop and watch the workers paint and sew the clothes. Grandma's nativity is very pretty, and I loved looking at it!Grandpa even let me touch the sheep with one finger.
After looking at the nativity, it was time for Grandpa to snow-blow the driveway! He got on all his winter gear, including his puffy jacket and hat.I wanted to get up and see his hat!Then it was off to the door to watch the snow-blowing begin.Once I couldn't see him from the door anymore, I moved to the window in the living room to watch. What fun!
And this was on the way home from our trip. Bella and I took over the back seat of the car. I did a pretty good job of traveling. I had to let Mom know that I was sick of my carseat and seat belt every now and then, but other than that, we had a pretty smooth trip. Oh what fun it was to see you, Grandma and Grandpa!! I've missed you this week; thank you for such a wonderful time! I love you!
2 Responses
  1. Karyn Says:

    Oliver,

    Did you have lots of fun? Is Grandpa Jere's snow-blower super fun? Did you leave orders for there to be lots of snow when I'm there next month? We've got to get together soon; as you can tell, we've got lots of things to talk about.

    Love, Jamey


  2. Zona Wilson Says:

    What a great video-digest of your Thanksgiving trip! It was much more fun to me since I got to see your Grandma and Grandpa's house last summer! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.