My special weekend with Papa and M'laine


WARNING: This is going to be a very long post with lots and lots of pictures!


This weekend was a very special weekend. Mom and Dad went on their very own "getaway" to Dallas, just the two of them. They dropped me off to meet M'laine, and off to Papa and M'laine's house I went - all by myself! What a glorious time I had, with all the attention on me! We read lots of books, and played outside on Saturday most of the day. I got to help M'laine pick purple-hulled peas from her garden, and Papa let me play with all of his "big boy" toys like the tiller and lawn mower and wheel barrow. Oh what a wonderful time it was!First I had to check everything
out in Papa and M'laine's house.
"Yep, the cap on this oil is nice and tight."Then I had to make sure the dogs had enough water. I couldn't forget to check the tires on Papa's truck.And he even let me sit in it with his John Deere hat on!Had to check the yard out...Then pea-picking we went!
A perfect bench for climbing - just my size!Dirty Hands!"peek-a-boo!"
As long as this contraption was turned off,
I was very interested! Papa took me for a fun ride around the yard... And helped me shoot some hoops from his shoulders! As you can see by the loss of my shirt, it was a hot day, and we were playing hard!And it kept getting hotter as we played harder. There's nothing like sitting in the dirt in just your diaper :)After my bath - nice and clean and ready for bed!Thank you, Papa and M'laine, for such a great weekend! I sure love you both.
2 Responses
  1. Karyn Says:

    So...here's the thing... If kids are allowed to touch the dog's water at your Papa and M'Laine's house, count me in! Imagine a weekend where touching the dog's water is encouraged! Oh, Oliver, those grandparents we don't share sound awfully fun! I'm glad you had a good time.

    Love, Jamey


  2. Emily Says:

    I love all the pictures. And I love the overalls w/o the shirt and then just in his diaper (what a CUTIE!). Olive, it looks like you had a great weekend!