Lots of shots, and a little under the weather...

On Tuesday I went to go visit my Dr. for my 12-month check-up. He said I'm healthy and doing great. He told Mommy to phase out on giving me bottles - I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Mommy tried for Wednesday morning, but then I got a fever and have had one since. Mommy thinks that since I'm not feeling completely well, she won't try to take my bottles away just yet. I might have my fever because I got 4 shots at my appointment. 4. It wasn't fun at all. And I had to have my finger pricked. 5 needles in one day isn't my idea of a good time, but Mommy said they'll keep me healthy. Here's to hoping.

Even though I have a fever, I'm still relatively happy. I've been playing lots with my guitars and drum, dump truck and piggy bank toy, and here I am in one of my new outfits for my birthday from Grandma Lou. Mommy told me that I need to think about napping a little longer - today I've only been sleeping for about 30-40 minutes at a time, which isn't normal for me. Mommy said it's hard to get things done around here when I don't sleep for long. I don't really get it - wouldn't she be happy that I'm awake more, cause then we can just play all day! I like playing.
3 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Oliver,
    Miss Quinn is feeling your pain. She got her shots today. We will keep you in our prayers that you feel better and start taking longer naps for your mommy. Amen for naps!!
    --Emily
    Joy, give the little guy some hugs & kisses from me and Quinn.


  2. Sarah. Says:

    Poor O. Maybe his aversion to needles will work out for the best - you probably won't have to worry about tattoos or body piercings when he's a teenager...

    Lots of love from me and The Godfather.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Joy, I feel you on the naps thing. Asher hasn't been napping normally either and I feel like nothing has gotten done in the house or for work!
    Kelly P.