Birthday Festivities

I forgot to tell you in my last post about after my bath and before I went to sleep... Since Grandma Lou and Grandpa Jere weren't going to be able to be at my party, they mailed me some birthday presents, and I got to open them on my real birthday! Oh it was so exciting...First I opened my Pooh birthday card......then I tore into the first present. It was......a Thomas the Train lego set!! I love Thomas the Train, and I love legos. It was perfect!"Open, Mommy!"Then it was off to the next one......more legos!!Oh what fun that night was! Thank you so much for my cool legos, Gma Lou and GJ! I've been playing with them every day :)

Then on Saturday morning, a few friends and relatives came over for my Elmo party! We had lots of fun in our party hats......playing with balls and trains......eating yummy food......and opening presents!This is a jersey from Uncle Tim-Tim, Auntie Sarah and Alex - it is in the colors of my Daddy's high school, and it's my Daddy's high school basketball number. And it has my name on it! They also got me another jersey/shorts that are red with a razorback on the front and my name and number on the back. We loved it!I got lots and lots of books...just what I needed/wanted! I really love reading these days and needed more big boy books to read.
I got a neat fire truck... ...and some great swimming gear and toys! M'laine and Papa got me lots of fun stuff for the pool, so I'm all set to go for this summer! My Uncle Scott and Aunt Sherri have a pool in their back yard, so we will get to swim over there lots this summer. And you know how I LOVE being outside and in the water!!
Then it was time for the "fire" and singing...here everyone is getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday" to me...
...then they all started in and I didn't quite know what to do :)But once they were done and Mommy moved my cake closer for me to blow out my candle, I sure knew what to do when she said "blow"... I blew out my candle all by myself!
But then when Mommy asked me if I wanted any cake, I stuck my hand out and shook my head and said "no!"So Daddy tried...with the same reaction :) I decided to try a tiny little lick - but that didn't change my mind. So, no cake for me! I just wanted grapes and summer sausage and cheese and strawberries and milk. Sounds so much better than cake, huh?!Then it was outside for a fun game of "Ring Around the Rosy" with my cousins.When everyone said "and we all fall down!" everyone fell down except me! But then I finally caught on and laid down. It was a fun game!Thank you so much to everyone who came to my party and made it so much fun!! I had a great time, and I am really loving all my presents! It was such a special birthday because of all of you. We are so thankful for our wonderful friends and family.

2 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    What FUN!! I can't believe we had to miss it! The food looked DELICIOUS and you should be very proud of that Elmo cake. I have never made a cake. Cookies, cupcakes I can bake, but I have never even attempted a cake. Happy Belated Birthday, Oliver!


  2. Looks like it was fun. Happy birthday Oliver. You're a big boy now. Hope to see you soon this summer.