Preparing for my birthday

Tomorrow is a very exciting day because I'm turning 2 years old!! We're having a small get-together with just a few friends and family on Saturday, and Mommy and I had to do some preparations today.

You see, dessert is always an issue with me because I'm allergic to egg whites. And not very many good cookies or cakes are made without eggs. Never fear, we have the internet! Mommy searched "eggless cakes" and came up with a seemingly good chocolate cake recipe. So we got to baking to see if it would be good enough to eat. I was a really good helper!

Since I'm having an Elmo party, Mommy decided to see what she could do Elmo-wise with this cake. Poor Mommy, she's not really super creative, but she tries. She usually thinks of good ideas after she's already started and gotten too far to perfectly implement those ideas....and this is what the end result was today. Since this is just our "try-it-out" cake and not the real party cake, Mommy thought it was an okay start. She has some new ideas for the real cake, so we'll see how it turns out! Stay tuned...
6 Responses
  1. i LOVE the cake joy!!! keep it!!!


  2. Hannah Says:

    Happy Birthday, Oliver!!! Joy- very cute cake! I'm impressed!


  3. Julia Says:

    joy! im so impressed!!!!! that cake is AMAZING!!!! best elmo cake i have ever seen!!!!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Girls, you are so sweet. Maybe you wouldn't be so impressed if you google searched "elmo cakes" :) But you're making me feel good! Thanks :)


  5. Weems World Says:

    I tried an elmo cake when Luke turned one.............it WAS NOT cute.:) For first try-this is awesome-can't wait to see what try #2 looks like! Any names on the baby front?


  6. What a cute cake! Way to go Joy! How are you feeling? So excited for you!