A Package Just For Me!!

This afternoon was very exciting. Dad and I stepped out onto the porch, and there was a box there that said "Oliver Primm." How exciting! Since Aunt Julia was the only auntie on my Mommy's side that couldn't be there for my birthday, she sent me a present in the mail.
I couldn't get it open quick enough....hmmm...I wonder what it could be??
We finally got the box open, and it was a wonderful sight - a whole kit of different musical instruments!
Here it is up close...
First there's the "shaker" (maraca is the official name, but it's known as a shaker in my house). I'm used to my little mini-shaker - this one is much bigger! It's the real deal.
Then there's a triangle. When I hit it with the metal wand, it makes a pretty sound. I sure like the triangle.
Then there are the wooden sticks. "Feel the rhythm..."
And you can't forget the tambourine! There is also a clapper and some cymbals - I'm a one-man-band with all these instruments!! I'm already becoming a pro at some of them. It's a good thing my parents are music-people, cause they don't mind all the noise. They actually like it and play it all with me!
Thank you so much, Aunt Julia! I LOVE my band-in-a-box! If you come visit me, I'll let you be in my band, okay? Love you!

0 Responses