Woah...

...has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted? Sorry all you faithful friends (especially grandparents) out there. Hopefully this will make up for it.

We've had a full few weeks here in the Primm household...

:: Sullivan had another weight-check at 8 months, and we were happy to hear that he's doing great! At his 7 month weight-check, he was 17 lbs. and had only gained 10 ounces since his 6 month check-up. At his 8 month weight-check, he was 18 lbs. 15 ounces, so he basically gained almost 2 lbs. during that month! That was the month I completely weaned off nursing, and I think my suspicions of him not getting quite enough from me were confirmed. I don't know how that happens, and there's probably those out there that disagree that it can even happen, but I'm not really worried about it either way. He was happy then, he's happy now... we're all good :)
:: Oliver had some sort of illness last week for several days - bad wheezy cough and a low grade fever (the fever lasted only one afternoon). We have his inhaler on hand for when he gets such coughs, and it came in handy last week. He's doing much better now.
:: Sullivan is officially a great sitter! It's so nice to be able to sit him down on the floor to play, and he really enjoys it.
:: Oliver and Sullivan are interacting more, which is super fun. Neither Seth nor I are oldest children, so it's interesting parenting an oldest child. Oliver is already bossing everyone around, which quite cracks me up. I have to not laugh half the time when I'm really tempted to. Tonight as we were finishing dinner, Sullivan was READY to get out of his high chair (he'd been in there for awhile as I made dinner and we ate) so he was fussing a bit... Oliver proceeds to get very stern with Sullivan and say "No, no Sully Cole, stop being a stinker!" (very emphatically). It was quite hilarious. I had to talk him through how Sullivan only knows how to communicate through fussing/crying, etc. and when he gets to be a big boy like Oliver he'll be able to use his big boy words and let Mama know that he's ready to be all done. He seemed to understand and took it very well :)
:: Sullivan's spitting-up is getting much better. He still does it, but not nearly like it was before. We have moved down to 4 bottle feedings a day (instead of 5) and upped the solid food feedings to 3, and that mixed with the amount of time he spends sitting up is proving to be a good thing for his spitting. I do believe we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. YAY!!

So here are a few pics of the boys from the past few weeks...



Oliver's class at school played outside quite a bit on a sunny day, and we hadn't thought to put sunscreen on... his first-ever sunburn. He was a trooper and it didn't phase him. I felt bad though :(
Our little bird.
I think he was singing a song here, but I don't remember which one... I just can't get over that face.
Papa came up to visit a few weekends ago, and we loved seeing him! M'laine was sick and couldn't come at the last minute, and we really missed her. Oliver talked the whole weekend about poor M'laine being sick - he talked about it for like a week, actually. He's happy she's all better :) Anyways, Papa got to feed Sullivan (I think for the first time!)
Oliver entertaining Sullivan :)
Sitting up like a pro! And believe it or not, that is drool all over his shirt, not spit-up. He's a drooling fool these days. Hopefully we'll have some more teeth to show for it - still just the one little tooth popping through!
Trying a biter-biscuit... he liked it, but I forgot that there is milk in those things, and my suspicions of a milk allergy were confirmed after this incident. He has had milk-based formula once and his face exploded, so I was fairly positive about the milk allergy (Oliver had it as well and grew out of it by 18 months...hopefully this little guy will follow suit and grow out of it). So we've used soy formula ever since. The reaction to the biter biscuit wasn't awful, but he got red spots and bumps all around his mouth, poor baby. No more milk-anything for him.
This is what I get to live with every day. Oh how I love him.
Oliver and Sullivan playing Legos together :) Oliver almost got a little distraught at Sullivan "spitting up" on his Legos, but I quickly calmed him down and we bypassed the fit. Nice.
Today in their "fishing hats." :) What fun and sweet boys I have!!
5 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Oliver's stacking ability never cease to amaze me! And that Sullivan......how do you not spend every waking second just kissing all over him. He is true yummy-ness.



  2. Karyn Says:

    Hey, tell Oliver that if he ever needs oldest child sympathy, all he has to do is come visit Uncle James, Auntie Karyn, and Cousin Jamey! Good thing Sullivan and Uncle Seth are in poor Jackie's life so someone out there understands him! We sure don't. :-) Poor, poor Oliver...having to live in a house with all those non-oldests...


  3. Danielle Says:

    Oh wow. They are quite precious! Especially love the last picture in their fishing hats...so sweet together!


  4. Sarah. Says:

    Love Oliver's rosy cheeks! Alex uses Oil of Olay with SPF15 every morning (he won't leave the house if he hasn't applied his moisturizer) so we haven't had that problem yet.

    O looks like such a big boy. We're gonna have to call him soon to chat. And Sully is t.d.f., of course, and I really want to eat his cheeks. You might want to warn him that Auntie Sarah is coming to town soon so he can hide them!