Over the River and Through the Woods...

Oliver is currently enjoying a week at Papa and M'laine's house! They are cherishing their time together, and while we're really missing our boy, it's a great break for us as well. We're getting a lot of nice, quiet, one-on-one time with Sullivan, which has been awesome. I feel like I've been living in "survival mode" for awhile, so it's nice to clear the air a little and get some perspective. This week couldn't have come at a better time. I think I'll be somewhat refreshed when we get Oliver back this weekend. In the mean time, here are some pictures that Papa and M'laine sent us yesterday of their week so far...

After church pictures on the downtown square. Not sure what is happening here...I can only guess. Bright sunshine, maybe? Regardless, cute pic :)
Playing on the old train.
Such a stud.. oh yeah.
Smelling the pretty flowers. I think he still "blows out" to smell... :)
Fishy kiss! Riding on his new birthday present from Papa and M'laine!! More on that in a minute...
LOVE this... readin' the mornin' paper in his undies... I die laughing every time I look at this picture!
Nice follow-through :)
There was a festival going on this weekend, so they got to go to some of the festivities... I heard Oliver even partook (is that a word?) of some crawfish! 'Atta boy!

Nice action shot! So fun :)
Okay, so M'laine and Papa went all out this year! Oliver got his very own John Deere tractor and trailer!! And there it is, in all it's glory, in front of Papa's full-sized mower/trailer. I can only imagine how excited Oliver was!
Workin' on the tractor...
That boy loves tools :)Looks like Oliver's having a GREAT time so far! And I'm pretty sure Papa and M'laine are enjoying their grandboy :) Thanks for sending pictures!
4 Responses
  1. Karyn Says:

    Looks like everyone is having fun down south!

    I'm happy for you that you get this time, Joy. And...I'm really quite jealous! A week at home to get all kinds of stuff done. Imagine...

    Hope to see you guys soon!

    Love, Karyn


  2. Anonymous Says:

    These pictures are so cute! Oliver can't be as big as he looks here - we just saw him a month ago for heavens sake. Love him on the tractor - what a fun present!!
    Love,ML


  3. Karen Olsen Says:

    Oh Joy... what a great "diary" for Oliver! Such precious memories for him...and a breather for you at the same time! It's a win/win situation, that is for sure! Can't wait for Sullivan to enjoy those moments too!


  4. Day Family Says:

    Oliver is so much fun! I think he and Jack would get along great! He loves tools too! And just the other day he was drooling over the very same tractor and trailer at wally world! Aren't grandparents the best!