Let it Snow

We woke up today to a little bit of snow! We knew it was going to be a high of 19 today, but we didn't think there was going to be any precipication, much to our dismay. So it was fun to wake up and see that it had snowed! Being from Colorado, I'm not sure if today's snow is supposed to even count as "snow", as it was only a dusting. But with the little amount of snow we get here, anything counts these days!

Since it's so cold out, the little boys and I are staying in. We've had a nice morning playing! Here's our baby with his very appropriate bib on..."cute but messy!" :) It's a good thing he is so cute, because all that spit-up is just killer!
Having some fun play time in Sullivan's room, with Bella always standing on guard :)
Sweet Bella.
Here's our dusting of snow. Normally I don't really count snow that doesn't cover the grass, but since it completely covered the cars, street, rooftops, and driveway, I'm counting it.
After play-doh and fun times in Sullivan's room, it was time for Sullivan to take a nap. So Oliver and I moved the party into his room and worked on a puzzle he got for Christmas. He did pretty well and had a good time!
And he was very proud of the final product.
I just love the Willow Tree figurines and have collected a handful of them over the last 3 years - I absolutely love the tenderness they portray, and I just think they are so meaningful. This year for Christmas, the boys got me the Mommy and 2 boys one below, and for my birthday Seth's parents got me the Dad and baby. Just so sweet. I love, love, love them!
After I took our Christmas decorations down this year, I decided to change up and simplify the space above our fireplace. The painting, which I absolutely love, was painted by my mom a few years ago. She never painted when I was growing up (that I remember, anyways), then randomly decided to take a class from her friend a few years ago, and she's got all this natural talent! I love having an original from my mom - so special...and beautiful! I get compliments on it all the time. Thanks, Mom! Also, Seth got me the husband/wife figurine for Christmas - it's called "Promise" I think. So tender, and I love it. Okay, off to feed Sullivan and then Oliver....then naps!!!
0 Responses