Finally...the rest of my fun Easter weekend!

After church on Easter Sunday, and after saying goodbye to Papa and M'laine, we got ready and went over to my cousins Jamey and Jack's house. We had a yummy lunch and took good naps. Then before we came home, Uncle James let me borrow this neat motorized bike (that I affectionately call "purple") to ride at my house! It's not Jamey's favorite bike right now, so we get to borrow it for a little while. Let me tell you I love this bike! Dad showed me how to do it once, and I got the hang of it right away. I just load myself on, put my feet up on the feet-holders, and push the black button on the handlebar to make myself go! It is SO much fun!!


This is what happened when we had to be done playing with "purple" and come inside for dinner. I was not a happy camper.
Here I am trying out my new markers and coloring book that I got in my Easter basket. It was a lot of fun! I colored a picture of Elmo and a balloon.
I even got to put some stickers on it!
This is me doing my sign and saying "more, more" when I wanted to add more stickers. I love stickers!
This is just me being silly. This is a super-cool jacket that Uncle Tim and Auntie Sarah got me last year, and Mommy wanted to try it on me to see if it by chance would still fit this year. Well, obviously my arms have grown :) But I wanted to keep it on anyway, and I really really wanted to wear my cowboy boots. Mommy said I was quite the looker in this getup.
Last Tuesday Dad had a special team lunch at Mr. Mickey's house. Well, Mr. Mickey is a really good cook, and made a roast with lots of other yummy things for lunch, as well as a homemade peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream! Mommy was pretty excited when Dad called right before lunch time and invited Mommy and me over to join them for the yummy meal. We went right over, but guess what? I didn't really feel like eating that stuff for lunch. I let Mommy and the others enjoy it while I munched on some pretzels and explored the house. So when we got home, Mommy made me some lunch and went in to check her email. (Keep in mind, this was not much past my nap time at all, and I've never done this before in my life.) After just a few minutes, Mommy noticed things in the kitchen got really quiet. She came in to make sure I was still alive, and this is what she found: I had completely fallen asleep in my high chair! And I was OUT. She tried to nudge me a little and get me to take another sip of water, but I was not to be woken. So she washed my hands and face, got me out of my high chair (me sleeping all the while) and put me in my bed for a good nap. Mommy was a little tickled I think!

3 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    Hmmm, looks like O might need a "purple" for his birthday, eh? Oh, and maybe a new, studly blazer with extra long sleeves? Too bad Auntie Sarah and Uncle Tim Tim have something else in mind...

    Love (and envy) that your child will straight up pass out in his high chair. Are you sure that's water in his sippy cup?


  2. Weems World Says:

    He looks so big!! I know people always say that about my kids-but when you're on the outside looking in-it really is amazing how much they change from one week of pictures to the next. Joy-You did a great job with his haircut by the way!


  3. Katie Says:

    Hi there! No, I'm really glad you commented on my site, because I like your blog a lot but had only heard about it before now ... it's bookmarked, so I'll come more often!