I'm officially a "big boy"

Welp, it's official. I've been sleeping in my big boy bed ever since Friday when Dad put the rail on, and I L-O-V-E it!! After the rail got put on, Mommy asked me if I wanted to take my nap in my big boy bed, and I gave her an enthusiastic "yeah!!" (with a big smile of course.) So we gave it a try. I got up just a few times right at the beginning - this not being stuck in a crib thing was fun! Mommy and Daddy just put me back on my bed and said I had to stay on my bed and take my nap. So, after the third time of getting up (in the first few minutes of when they laid me down) I stayed put and decided to sleep. It's just too comfy a bed not to sleep in. I took my normal hour and a half (or a little longer) nap and woke up with a smile!

Mommy snuck in during my nap to snap this picture for you.
And this is after I woke up - it is SO fun to sleep in my "boy bed" (as I call it).
Mommy didn't want to rush me into sleeping in my bed if I wasn't ready, so that night, she took me into my old room that has my crib in it and stood me next to it and asked if I wanted to sleep in my crib for bedtime? I said "no! boy bed!" So off we went to do our bedtime routine in my big boy bed. And how happy I was. I didn't get out of my bed at all this time and slept all night long! From there on out, there was no question in my mind - I was sleeping in my "boy bed!" It's been almost a week now, and I'm going strong. And when I wake up from my nap or in the morning, I won't get out of my bed (Mommy and Daddy haven't mentioned anything to me about this part...it's just what I do). I just sit there and play with my animals or books and talk until someone comes and gets me. I am so happy to be waking up in my big boy bed.
Mommy can't believe what an easy transition this was, and is glad to finally have me completely transitioned into my big boy room. Now we can start preparing my old room (the baby room) for my new baby brother!
5 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    What's next, he's gonna be driving himself to school? Props to Mom and Dad for recognizing when he was ready to make the change. I can't believe how easy it was. But then, that O is such a good boy, we shouldn't have doubted him for a second.

    So, no more excuses, time to get moving on baby #2's room. Can't wait to see what you decide to do.

    p.s. Seth, if baby #2 is secure enough in his boyhood, he will be able to handle polka dots.


  2. Day Family Says:

    Polka dots can be so manly! :) Yeah for Oliver! That is great!


  3. Julia Says:

    seth, sarah is right. any boy with primm dna can SURELY handle polka's.


  4. Danielle Says:

    So awesome that he is in his new bed and room! He is gonna be such a GREAT big brother...I cannot believe that he is almost two. Where has the time gone??


  5. Karyn Says:

    So...uh...what's the secret? We're still at the naptime stage, and Jamey only picks the bed about half of the time.

    Seriously you should figure out what made it work and pass the secret on to all the other moms.

    Love, Karyn