Kansas City

This past weekend we went up to Kansas City with Uncle Tim, Auntie Sarah, and Alex. We had a great time! Here we are at the Cheesecake Factory waiting for our table. It was too crowded to wait inside, so we waited on the patio...in the 95 degree weather...and mass amounts of humidity...needless to say, we were excited and ready when our table in the air-conditioned restaurant was ready!
Auntie Sarah gave me some pennies to throw into the fountain while we waited. I'm a good thrower, and all my pennies made it right into the water!
I liked playing with Alex's boppy - I would sit in the middle of it, as if it were a chair, and then smile my proud smile like I had accomplished something. It's big sitting in chairs all by yourself, you know.
Here we are at California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. Usually I'm not a bread guy - not at all. But Mommy gave me a whole hunk of french bread, and I decided to try it. It wasn't too bad!
Mommy got to hold Alex while Auntie Sarah went to the restroom before we headed back out into the heat. She even got to feed him! Alex is a sweet baby.
And here I am eating my dinner in the hotel one of the nights - ravioli. Mommy, in all her mindless ways, forgot my bibs for the weekend. So we were just really careful when we ate. Mommy tried to help me, but I was more interested in feeding myself. I did a good job of it, too! We actually managed to make eating ravioli and sauce a rather clean experience :) All in all, it was a great trip!
Then when I came home, Papa and M'laine and Aunt Shannon were here! We went over to my cousins Holland and Payton's house, and I got to swim with everyone. It felt so good and was lots of fun. On Sunday after church we went back over there and I got to swim even more! It was such a treat to see family again.
And I get to see even more family, because this next weekend, my Grandma and Grandpa are coming to visit! They're really coming to see my new baby cousin, Jack, but it's kinda handy that I live in the same city cause then I get to see them too! I can't wait!! Hurry, Grandma and Grandpa, hurry!

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oliver--
    Did you know I live only 45 minutes from Kansas City now? My mommy and daddy said to tell your mommy and daddy that they are really disappointed that you didn't call us! (Just kidding!) Maybe next time! Looks like you had lots of fun! You'll just have to bring your mom and dad back soon and we'll all get together! Talk to you later!
    Love,
    Hannah