9 months

In other news, I had my 9-month well-baby checkup today, and it went great. Since I had Rotavirus last week, I've lost some weight and am down to 19.6 lbs., which is the 40th percentile. But I'm still up there in the 90% percentile for height! - just over 30 inches. Dr. Weeden wants us to come by next month for a weigh-in just to make sure I'm keeping my weight up. Nothing to worry about, he said; just wanting to check in. He said that since I have upper and lower teeth, I can start eating "table food" in small bites. Up until now, my gag reflex has been quite strong. I'm kinda funny with textures. So whenever a cheerio gets to the back of my mouth, I gag, and throw up, which kinda scares my parents. After my appointment today, Mommy was determined to get me used to pieces of things. So we came home, she sat me in my high chair, and gave me lots of cheerios to practice with. With the first few, I gagged a little bit, but then I decided that I kinda liked this new method. I drank like a pro from my sippy cup, and was picking up my cheerios and putting them in my mouth like a champ! Mommy was very proud of me. I wonder what fun foods I will get next? I'll keep you posted!
0 Responses