A day in the life...

Here is my cousin Jamey's puppy, Norah. We are taking care of her for a few days, and she is a very sweet puppy. She and my puppy, Bella, are best friends (well, best cousins, I guess). She already knows the ropes with a baby in the house, so she sits there nice and sweet while I "pet" her. This picture didn't capture it, but I was laughing and playing with Norah - I thought she was so funny! We will miss her when she's gone - Norah, please come play with us again!
Each day I discover new and exciting things in the house. Yesterday my new thing was to crawl to the front door and look out the window. There's lots to see out there; this way I can keep track of what's going on in the neighborhood.
Mommy caught me doing this this morning - crawling towards the dog food. My cousin Jamey went through this phase (may still be in this phase?), and Mommy's not really looking forward to having to "deal" with me wanting to try Bella's food. I don't know why not; if it's good enough for Bella, it's good enough for me!
And here's the most exciting part...I am pulling myself up! Mommy came in to check on me when I was supposed to be taking my nap, and this is what she found. Now almost every time my parents lay me down, I like to stand up and talk for awhile. Mommy says I'm not quite as good of a napper as I used to be. Why would I want to nap when I could just be with people all the time?

3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oliver-You are so cute standing in your crib. I can't believe what a bog boy you are these days.
    Love you,
    Robin


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hello Joy!!! Oliver is so beautiful! I have to check in with my "Elliott girls" from time to time. I was thinking how very special this technology is to provide a beautiful record of Oliver's development and the family can visit with Oliver anytime they want!!! I know you are a wonderful mother. Oliver has much to be thankful for, and someday, he will be just that. The greatest gift we can give our children is a mother and father who love them with their whole heart!!!! Oliver's cup runneth over!!! Bless you dear one, Tina


  3. Karyn Says:

    Oliver,

    I just wanted to let you know how easy it is to climb out of your crib now that you know how to stand. See the bumper pads? Just use them like a step. Then you'll topple over onto the floor. It might make your mom nervous, but she'll get used to it.

    Thanks for taking care of my puppy! Feel better soon!

    Love, Jamey