Summer is in the air!

Went in to look at Sullivan during a nap, and I just had to snap a pic. He usually does best if he's swaddled up - otherwise he yanks his pacifier out of his mouth and rolls around and keeps from going to sleep. Much of the time he does it even after being wrapped up - this time only his legs got free... :)
Ode to Papa - the boys in their John Deere hats :)

And here is my Mother's Day present!! I really LOVE it. I've been wanting a ring of some sort ever since Oliver was born that had my kids' names on it, and this is what we came up with. It is monogrammed with their first initials on either side of the "P". So special.

I got Oliver this little play-doh kit while I was really missing him when he was gone last week :) Needless to say, he loves it! It's really a fun one with the whole beach theme - and you know Oliver and sea creatures. $5 well spent :)

Oliver's new-found love is ice cream cones. And we've found it's a nice bribing tool to get him to finish his dinner every now and then :) The only problem is his freak-out nature when he spills anything on his clothes...hence the shirt-less pics. Ice cream, 3-year-olds (almost), and shirts don't mix anyway :)

Seth mowed our lawn and our vacationing neighbor's lawn today, so the boys and I had some time to kill. It was a gorgeous day. And when Daddy is mowing, it also means outside time for us. I was feeling the motivation to exercise, so I packed the boys up in the stroller, and around the neighborhood we walked. It was great for all!
3 Responses
  1. Karyn Says:

    Wow, Joy! I'm impressed you took a walk around the neighborhood with Oliver in the front of the stroller. Sheesh! That's a workout! I put Jamey in the back and Jack in the front for my walks otherwise I'm too tired to cope when I get home. You must be tougher than me. I'm impressed! You go girl!

    Love, Karyn


  2. Joy Says:

    So that's why I was exhausted when I got home, huh?!? I thought I was just out of shape :)


  3. Sarah. Says:

    ooooooo, I just want to take a big ol' bite out of those juicy baby thighs...

    O looks about ten in the ice cream pics. Can't wait to see him.

    And cool ring! What a great thing to have. Tim got me one when A was born and I still haven't gotten it monogrammed...guess I should do that...