Sullivan is here!!!

My baby brother, Sullivan Cole Primm, made his entrance into the world on Monday night, 8/11/08, at 9:42pm, weighing 7 lbs. 3 ozs. and was 19 3/4 inches long. Sullivan decided to join us 3 1/2 weeks early, so he caught all of us a little off guard! Mommy went in to the Dr. for a routine check, and the Dr. informed her and Daddy that she was 5-6 centimeters dilated! They monitored her contractions for a bit, and then decided to send her over to the hospital to get checked in.
After I had my dinner, I came up to the hospital to see Mommy and Daddy and play in the hospital room!
Sullivan came out seemingly very healthy. He got to spend some sweet time with Mommy and Daddy for about an hour after he was born. After they took him back to the nursery, he decided to let the nurses know that he was having some trouble with his lungs. So my sweet little baby brother got moved to the NICU and got to wear a neat oxygen mask! He improved daily, and I even got to go in to see him!!
I LOVED meeting my baby brother for the first time. I said "hi, Sullivan, hi!" I talked lots to him, and touched his hands and feet, and I especially liked wearing the cool gown I had to wear in the NICU!
Here's our new happy family - first family picture.
And here's my brother Sullivan yesterday morning after they took off his oxygen mask. They weaned him to just a little bitty oxygen tube, and over the course of today, they weaned him off of the oxygen all together. Mommy got to start feeding him today, and Sullivan's going to get to come home tomorrow! My new brother is super healthy now, and I'm looking forward to getting to hold him! We have LOTS more pictures, but we have lots going on and decided to just add a few at first for you to see. We'll add more as we have time. Thanks to you all who have prayed for us and my baby brother - we are so happy to be bringing him home, healthy and strong!

10 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    He is just darling Joy! I can't wait to hold him. Love, Gma Lou


  2. leah Says:

    Yay!! Congrats! He is so cute!! Ive been looking at your site like 20x a day waiting for some pictures :-) Glad Sullivan is doing great...he looks big and healthy! And Joy, you do not look like you just gave birth to that big ol' boy! You look great!!


  3. joy he is BEAUTIFUL!!! i love your family pic and i love how sweet oliver was:) not surprising... :) can't wait to talk to you...xoxoxoxoxoxo

    aunt jenna


  4. and ps why are you so freaking fantastic at delivery!??!?! you look AMAZING. glowing. yes, that's the word. glowing:)

    you are beautiful joy.

    xo


  5. Hannah Says:

    WOW!!! Congratulations, guys! We are so thrilled for you! Sullivan is absolutely adorable and such a great weight even for being so early! Joy, you look amazing--never would have known that you just had a baby! We'll have to try to give you a call sometime soon! Can't wait to hear all about it and hopefully meet BOTH of those little boys of yours soon! What an awesome, beautiful family! Love you guys and will be praying for you in the days to come!
    Will, Abi, and Hannah


  6. Danielle Says:

    Yay! I'm so glad he is here and doing well...he is so precious and adorable (and big for being 3 1/2 weeks early)! And, I have to agree with Jenna, you looked beautiful for being in labor!


  7. AliciaG Says:

    Cngratulations to all of you! He is beautiful. I am with Leah, I have been checking several times a day to see if he had arrived. I finally found out through Stacey's facebook. Anyway, I have been praying for him to gain the strength he needed to so he could go home. Praise the Lord for His mighty power in your life. Look forward to watching him grow through your blogspot. You make a precious family.
    Hugs!
    Mrs. G


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Joy, he is beautiful and I just love the familt picture. How in the world are you so cute through it all?! Congratulations!


  9. Alison Says:

    Congratulations! I was so excited when I saw the new family picture on Seth's Facebook...so I had to come over here to get more of the story!


  10. Laura Says:

    Congratulations!! I'm so glad that you both are doing well now. Lots of love to you all!