Sullivan's First Day of School

Today was a very exciting day in our household - it was Sullivan's first day of school! Which also means it was Mommy's first day back to work after 3 months of maternity leave. Mommy cherishes her time at work, because it's only 11 short hours a week, and it's her time to get to be with other adults (adults she happens to really like!) and do some "administrative" things she really enjoys doing. I've always loved going to school, ever since I was Sullivan's age. It's one of my favorite things to do. I sure hope Sullivan likes it as much as I do!

This morning was a little hectic getting everyone ready, and Mommy realized after Dad had already left that we forgot to get a "Sullivan's first day of school" picture. Mommy remembered that we took an "Oliver's first day of school picture", and she knew Sullivan needed one too. So she improvised and did the best she could! (Mommy took this picture before she got her work clothes on... she had just fed Sullivan and got him ready - and Sullivan likes to spit-up...a lot... she thought it best to wait til he was safely in his carseat before she changed into her work clothes.) It turns out Sullivan does like school! So far anyway. His teachers reported a great day - ate and slept and played and was a great boy. We're all looking forward to going back in a few days!

We thought it would be fun to post my "first day of school" picture along with Sullivan's. We are exactly the same age in these pictures. You can see how different we look! I was a big boy too, but I think Sullivan's got some cheeks on me :)


2 Responses
  1. M'laine Says:

    Thanks for the comparison photos. They do look quite different, but both Elliot/Stump. You sure do look happy after getting everyone up and ready--hope Daddy was a big help. Glad to find Oliver's problem. Hope it resolves soon. You know popsicles are usually prescribed!


  2. Sarah. Says:

    Great pics! How fun to see O at that age. He was so cute. And Sullivan has such a sweet face, too. I'm glad he enjoyed school and that you are getting back to work. I gotta get me one-a them job things...