My Week at Kids Kamp

This week was a special week at our church. It was Kids Kamp week! Instead of going on my regular 2 school days, I got to go for 5 hours every single day this week!! My two favorite teachers were with me all week, and we even had some Jr. helpers (young teenagers) playing with us in my class. The theme of the week for the Jr. Kids Kamp (I was a Jr. kamper, since I'm just 2 years old) was God's power, and we learned a special different lesson each day about different ways God shows his power. And we had cool and sometimes crazy snacks each day, and got to play on the playground every day (one of my favorites). It was a great week!

Another fun part of the week was that each day was a special dress-up day. Here are pictures to show what I wore each day.

Monday was sports day. What a perfect day for me to wear my jersey outfit from Uncle Tim-Tim, Auntie Sarah and Alex!


Tuesday was cowboy day. We sure are glad Aunt Sherri got me this "Wanted: Cowboy" t-shirt a year ago before I could even really wear it... I've had lots of cowboy occasions lately to wear it!
Wednesday was wacky day, so I had wacky hair for the day!
Thursday was Olympic day (red, white, and blue), so it was a perfect day for me to wear my flag shirt and red/white/blue shorts.
And these are my wonderful teachers, Grammie (Mrs. Carolyn, but she likes it when the kids call her "Grammie") and Mrs. Lee! They love me SO much, and oh, how I love them! We have had such a special year together.
Friday was PJ day! We got to all be comfy in our pj's.
Then Friday night we had a performance. The Jr. Kampers (that's me) got to sing one song at the beginning, and then the older Kampers did the rest of the program. We all got fun t-shirts to wear (mine was a bit big, but we made it work), and we got to perform a song about "God's power" that we had practiced all week. Mom tried to get me to smile in this picture, but all I wanted to do was say "cheese!" and then run to Mommy to see the picture on the camera.
Here we are getting all set-up on the stage for the performance. There was lots going on!

While I was supposed to be singing, I thought I saw Mommy and was pointing and saying "Mommy" to Grammie.
I did really good doing some of my "power" motions!
I had to think about it a few times - with all the people and lights, I wasn't so sure what I wanted to do.
But every now and then I'd throw in my power motions :)
This was one of the Jr. helpers that played with me all week in my class - Josh. There was also another boy, Andrew that I loved too. They loved playing with me and taught me all kinds of fun little games. I talked about them all week long! This sure was a special week! I just might get bored next week having to only go to school 2 days and play with Mommy the other days... Mommy better figure out some fun things for us to play!


3 Responses
  1. i bet he LOVED that kamp!! that's so fun:) maybe he would like to be a kanakuk kamper someday too... :)


  2. Sherri Says:

    I can't believe that shirt still fits! I'm so glad!


  3. Sarah. Says:

    Ooh, do the Evanses know how to pick 'em or what? I'm pretty sure O must've been the baddest (and by baddest I mean goodest) dressed kid at camp on sports day.

    And every other day for that matter. Did it say that he was only two years old? Ummm, the kid in the pictures must be at least six. Fo' real tho'.

    We're glad you had so much fun at camp, Oliver!

    Uncle Tim-Tim, Auntie Sarah, & Alex