Flip-Flops and the Pool

This first picture is mainly for M'laine - she bought me these flip-flops a few months ago, but I haven't really particularly enjoyed the feeling of the shoe between my toes. So, I haven't been wearing them. But the other day I let Mommy know that I'd like to try them on again, and I did great! So I think I'm over the flip-flop hump.
Today after my nap we loaded up and went over to Uncle Scott and Aunt Sherri's house to play in their pool. We had lots of fun in the sun! I had fun splashing and jumping to Daddy from the edge.

I also had fun watching the big girls, Payton, Holland, and Holland's friend Emily, swimming and splashing big in the deep end.
I was sitting nicely on the edge right in front of Daddy so he could snap my picture, and just as he took it, I decided to scoot myself off the edge into the pool! Yep, I went under and came up a little stunned. Everyone cheered for me and said good job, so it was all good. Have I mentioned that I love the water?!?
Thanks for letting us come play in your pool, Holland and Payton!! And Uncle Scott said maybe we can ride his "tractor" (riding lawn mower) next time I come over... oh what fun that will be! Swimming and tractors all in one day... could life get any better?
2 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    Hey O, you are as adorable as ever and we miss you. Good for you for being brave and jumping into the water with both feet. But you probably scared your mama who really doesn't need any extra stress, so how 'bout laying off the impromptu, self-taught swimming lessons until after your baby brother shows up?

    XOXO from Auntie Sarah, Uncle Tim-Tim, and Alex


  2. Mandy Says:

    Seriously Joy??? Avery and I will be there Sunday June 29th through Tuesday July 8th....it would be so sweet to see you!