Why, oh why is it so hard to post??

For some reason I have not been able to muster up the motivation to blog lately. I've thought about it multiple times, but doing something else has always won out. Not tonight! It's time, my dear blog-readers, for an update.

Did I tell you that we lost our other Bradford Pear tree in our front yard? I think I did - here it is after Seth chopped it down. Or sawed it down - however you say it. Oliver really enjoyed watching Daddy make the tree fall down. He and I stood far away, over on the porch. Then Oliver enjoyed sitting on the stump. It was at this moment that Daddy thought it would be fun to put the chainsaw on Oliver's lap for a picture. If you know me at all, you'll know I was freaking out a little the whole time, while trying not to be "that freaky mom who won't let her kid do anything", while Seth is telling me, "calm down, it's completely turned off", and I'm still thinking of all the "what ifs".... I'm such a head case. I've gotta admit, he does look pretty cute. At any rate, this one's for you, Auntie Sarah :)
What our house now looks like with a bare yard. What to do with all that space??
Sully Cole hangin' out with his friend, the lion.
Mommy and the boys, having some good reading time before getting ready for bed.
One night last week we had breakfast for dinner, and I made Oliver a Mickey Mouse pancake. He may not have eaten much of it, but he sure loved the look of it! What a picky eater I have. *Sigh* Who doesn't eat pancakes?? Or macaroni and cheese??? Someday.
One day last week, Oliver had a bath mid-morning. He crawled up into my bed afterwards, and I thought it might be a cute photo-op to lay Sullivan down with him. My precious babies.Holding hands... all on their own. They really do love each other!

Sweet face.

The other day I was in Sullivan's room changing his diaper, when I hear Seth call, "Joy, come in here quick!" I come out to see Oliver "feeding" Sullivan's piggy. He was holding him almost just like I hold Sullivan when I'm nursing, and he was talking sweetly to the piggy and patting him on the back. It was one of the sweetest and cutest things I've seen!
My pretty Valentine's flowers from all 3 of my boys.
Oliver was having a snack of pretzels the other day, and he holds this up to me and says "it's an A!" I was pretty impressed. They learned the letter "A" in Mother's Day Out last week, and I guess it stuck!

Sometimes Oliver likes to imitate Sullivan - I guess it's fun to be like a baby sometimes... and p.s. Thank you to Papa and M'laine for the awesome red rocking chair!! Oliver LOVES it and looks so proud rocking in it :)
Oliver is still obsessed with Cars, and I found some Cars underwear when I was at the grocery store the other day.... needless to say, he is a big fan.
5 Responses
  1. Sarah. Says:

    HAHAHAHA, LOL, LOL!!!! When you were talking about the chain saw, I was totally thinking about how I was going to comment on the fact that I was right there with you being a headcase, that I would SO totally doing exactly what you were doing and Tim SO would have been doing exactly what Seth was doing, and you totally called me out on it! TOO FUNNY! btw, I'm glad O has all of his limbs in tact and that you got a great pic. What's a lost leg or two when it comes to a good photo opp? :)

    Sullivan is as cute as ever and I love O's undies, as funny as that sounds. Can't wait to see you guys!

    XOXO

    p.s. I am still laughing out loud at that.


  2. Karyn Says:

    Having those trees down makes your front yard look HUGE. James and I were talking about it as we drove away on Saturday.

    I'm so glad no one is sick at your house. I would have felt horrible!

    Love the Cars underwear. Cracks me up.

    Love, Karyn


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Joy!!
    I am glad you were finally able to get on the blog!! So strange that the invite wouldnt work! We havent seen Oliver in so long! He is getting so big and I just love seeing pictures of your chunky little one!! I hope everyone is doing well!!
    Lee Ann


  4. Danielle Says:

    What precious boys you have....seriously, I think they just keep getting cuter! Love the one of them holding hands in the bed! Thanks for the update - I totally know what you mean about losing motivation to blog. It's SO hard for me!
    I love you so much Joy Lorene and am glad you are so happy...seems you are truly enjoying these priceless days of being "mom."


  5. Day Family Says:

    Cute undies! Jack nurses his babies too!And since Charlie started crawling (and we make a big deal about it), he wants to crawl too. Mark really enjoyed spending time w/ your two little ones!