Colorado Shower

Here are some pictures of my Colordao shower. It was such a special time! Lots of ladies were there who I grew up with and who have prayed for me for many many years. It was definitely a classy affair, and I really loved it and felt so loved. This picture is of one of my Mom's friends, Scharlotte, reading a portion of a book about Mothers that she wrote. The portion she read was all about "Why I love being a mother..." Then we had a really neat prayer time, and every single person went around and prayed a blessing on Oliver. It was so special! I felt absolutely and truly blessed to be in such a situation...there really aren't words to describe what a neat time that was. I will always remember that! This next picture is of me, my Mom, and the hostesses, Kathy, Pam, and Donna. Precious ladies!! They threw quite the bash, and it was so fun just to be able to see them again. They have been great friends of my family since I was a little girl.
Kathy and her husband, Mike, made this awesome diaper cake for me!! They did an excellent job...lots of pretty ribbon and fun little baby practicalities all over it! I loved it.
And here is my Mom and I at home before the shower. It was also so nice to be in Colorado and just get to hang out with my Dad and Mom all by myself. Growing up with 3 other siblings, it's nice not to have to share every now and then :) They took such good care of me, and we really enjoyed lots of talking. I love you guys!
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Joy, It's Tina!!! I just checked out your blog, fantastic! It was such a priviledge to come to your shower. Very special, annointed time. You are so beautiful Joy. I love how this blog captures the different stages of your pregnancy!!!! I wish I had only grown in my belly when I was pregnant, oh well (sigh). I need to send you a long e-mail. I love you so and I am so blessed to see your family growing in love and numbers. Blessing my Dear!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hey Joy,

    It was awesome to see you last week at your shower, and an honor to pray over Oliver. Loved checking out your blog! It's fun to see your house and cute dog!

    love ya,
    Mandy


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow ... thats really all I can say.

    Good luck!!
    Jordan Wiens


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I really hope all is well ... you can check out what is happening with me at:
    www.jordanrosswiens.com