Water for Christmas

God has been rocking my world this past year with a whole new set of eyes. Eyes that have been opened a little bit to see what's really going on in the world around us.

I know there are so many needs, big needs, that need attention.

Some of the ones that have deeply burdened me are the following:
**the 140 million orphans around the world
**the thousands of people who die each day from diseases caused by unclean water

We seem to hear stats all the time, but when I really let these sink in, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

There are people today who have no access to clean water...it's so hard to fathom this.

My world has been rocked, because in light of these realizations, I have yet to figure out how to go back to living my normal, daily life.

In fact, I will not go back to living life as I knew it before. By God's grace, may my eyes remain open, may my heart be forever changed, and may I be moved to action.

I happened upon a blog of the sister of one of my best friends from high school a few years ago. I can't stop reading it. She has 4 biological boys of her own, and around 2 years ago adopted boy/girl twins from Africa. She is passionate about clean water in Africa and is doing something about it. I am always completely inspired every time I read her blog. She also recently took a trip to Liberia...I encourage you to check it out.

Please look at the information below, and see how you can completely change the lives of those who need it. You can also click here for the Water for Christmas website for more explanation and to donate.
(click on the box to enlarge and read more clearly) I noticed this on another blog that I follow as well. I thought she put it very beautifully. Check it out here.
1 Response
  1. Zona Wilson Says:

    Our ladies Bible studies take an offering every week towards helping others around the world. We have bought chickens and goats and such, but were challenged to buy a "Jesus Well" through Gospel for Asia. We gave for about 4 months and raised the $1000 needed! What a great feeling to know there is a village in India that has clean water because we (painlessly) gave! I hope you continue to pursue giving life to the less fortunate - it is a truly satisfying to your toes feeling!