Pictures say a thousand words...

Okay, so I've gone a little crazy with the pictures the last few days.

It's been fun. The boys are interacting more. Oliver is crazy bossy, and Sullivan's dramatic personality is starting to creep out... our life is never boring, that's for sure!

At any rate, enjoy the pics :)

Excited about standing!



Oliver started to feel like he was losing control of the situation, so he had to step up and boss Sullivan around for a minute.
Alright, that's better :)

We pulled out the activity walker this week for Sullivan to try out. He's slowly getting the hang of it!


Okay this one is really sweet...
Seth was preparing to leave to lead worship for a camp, and Oliver was asking lots of questions about it. Seth was explaining to him a few intricacies of what it meant for him to lead these kids in worship, and after a minute, Oliver left the table where we were sitting, and we thought nothing of it. A few minutes later, I didn't hear anything, so I thought I'd go check to see what Oliver was up to. This is what I see...He's sitting on his bed reading his bible. I did not put two and two together right away - I just thought it was really cute that he was sitting by himself on his bed, intently flipping through his bible. When I came back and told Seth what he was doing, Seth realized that Oliver ran in there to do that right after Seth was explaining to him about Jesus and leading worship, etc. It's so cool to watch their brains really get this stuff!
And while Seth was gone, we had a little issue with our air conditioning...meaning it went out. Which is all fine and dandy unless you live in a part of the country that is 90 degrees with about 95% humidity. Awesome. Needless to say, Sullivan did not need clothes on for his nap :)Never fear, we were able to quickly (and inexpensively, thank goodness) get it fixed after one night at a friend's house. This week we are really appreciating having air conditioning!
Oh, and this one was fun. Yeah. So I'm getting ready for the day this morning - doing my make-up, and Sullivan wakes up from his nap. I leave him to play in his crib for a bit, but after a few minutes he starts to get bored. So I tell Oliver to go in and say hi to Sully. I hear over the monitor Oliver go in and chat with him for a minute. Then I hear no words, but some banging around. After a few seconds, I figure I better go in and see what's going on. Well, this is what was going on.
At first I was just mad, but then I realized that I really needed to get a picture, cause these are the kinds of things you hear about and just laugh. Does this look like the face of an apologetic child to you? Yeah, me neither.


Yesterday we got the chance to head over to my brother and sister-in-law's house for the boy cousins to play, and we had a great time! The 3 older boys played with the water table, and after awhile I thought I'd let Sullivan join in on the fun. Sometimes I'm a little slow to remember that he's really old enough to do this stuff!
He was loving the water.
I asked Oliver to go over by Sullivan for a picture, and this is all I got. Oh well, I'll take it.
4 boys under the age of 3...now there's trouble!
Oliver L-O-V-E-S his Uncle James. I mean loves. It's quite cute, actually :)
And I wish I didn't have to censor this pic, cause it is downright adorable!! But you can get the idea :) What's better to a 3-year-old than getting to pee naked in the yard?!?
Seth was so thoughtful while he was gone - sent me flowers and Oliver a balloon! We were so surprised to come home one day to this delivery on our front porch. What an incredible Daddy/Husband we have :)
These roses are absolutely gorgeous. And they smell as good as they look! I've been carrying them around with me from room to room so I can enjoy them wherever I'm spending time :) Thank you so much, Babe!
Yesterday I went in to check on Sullivan (confession: I can't get enough of my baby that sometimes I sneak in his room while he's sleeping just to look at him), and this is what I found:
He's just recently become more mobile in his bed. For the longest time (way after he could roll and sit up) he'd still lay in mainly the same spot I laid him in. Now he's all over the place. I love all the crazy positions they get themselves in...and that they actually can sleep in them!
And here's my big boy in his new jammies. I was realizing the other day (probably during our air conditioning outage) that all of Oliver's jammies are long sleeves and pants, and the only 2 sets that are short sleeves are size 2T and waaaaaaay to small. So, I figured we'd grab him a summer set while we were at the grocery store today. He loves them and is very proud :)
5 Responses
  1. Mandy Says:

    oh how i wish we could see you guys next week! The girls and i will be in Estes park with my fam....what timing huh?


  2. They are both so cute, Joy!


  3. M'laine Says:

    We can't pull up the pictures, and after reading the captions I think we must see the pics.


  4. M'laine Says:

    Thanks for taking the time to reload the pics. I have pics of O wearing that Puma suit last August! It looks like O is beginning to exhibit signs of powder obsession--wonder where he got that?


  5. Emily Says:

    Beautiful flowers! Job well done, Seth! And that picture of Sullivan sleeping in just his diaper.....took yumminess to a whole new level. I could just eat him up!